Saturday, July 26, 2008

Stroopwafel !! so sweet ~!!

recently... I had many stroopwafels !! love it sooo much !!
so yummy ~ so sweet ~
and I even doubt about something....
does it cantain some kinda drugs or something??
so it make me feel that I cannot get rid of it when I have it... !!
true !! when I had one piece of them... I would want to have another piece....
and just couldnt stop eating it !!
my friend Sammi bought me two pack of stroopwafel...
just about one week... I already finished both of them
hahaha kinda terrible... because its fatty .... ><"
well... my friend Sammi will go to Holland again soon ~
I probably will ask her to buy me some back ~ LOL
dont wanna care about the fat or something
just eager to eat more ~!!
here's the recipe I found ...

Ingredients
1 teaspoon instant yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 pound unsalted butter
1/3 cup sugar
Pinch of salt
1 rounded tablespoon ground cinnamon (...don't even be tempted to use less)
3 cups flour (...more or less, depending on other moisture in the mix)
1-2 eggs (...how small are they? ...how much richer do you want the wafels to taste?) Proof yeast in 3 tablespoons water with 1 teaspoon sugar until bubbly. Beat butter until light, adding sugar, salt and cinnamon. Mix in the yeast mixture, flour and egg(s) and knead or beat well. Set in a warm place for about an hour. It will not look like it's rising much; don't worry. Meanwhile, make the syrup (stroop).
syrup
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 cup Karo light syrup
7/8 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup butter Heat cinnamon, syrup and sugar on stove and cook slowly until thickened a bit (about 10 minutes).Remove from heat and beat in butter.
Should thicken as it cools, but still be slightly warm and thin enough to spread easily. If it cools too much, reheat gently; if it thickens too much, add a bit of liquid.
Method
Heat wafel iron and oil lightly only once. Using scoop to measure, place dough in center of heated wafel iron and bake for one minute (no longer, or you'll risk burning them). When done, remove from iron, place flat on counter and immediately slice wafel horizontally into two thin wafers, using the sharp fillet knife. Spread syrup on one cut surface, reassemble pressing gently but firmly, and trim to a uniform shape with the 3" cookie cutter. Cool, at least slightly, flat on a rack before eating.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have a very good blog! Welcome to MY tribal exchange stations, this site is completely free. Hope to add to your blog popularity, mutual exchanges.